Notes from Dr. Hulseman appointment 2/2/12
(aka, my To-Do list just got longer.) : )
- ATEC (Austim) score went down from 110 in September to 77 in February. Great progress.
- Still a lot of work to do on his health before we can chelate (detox heavy metals, including copper and lead poisoning).
- Melebdinum for phenols and sulfites. (black circles under his eyes). May stop taking if no apparent improvement. Some kids respond to it and some don’t.
- He is having trouble urinating, which may indicate crystals (from too many oxylates). Baking soda will neutralize crystals in urine: 8c in bath or some in drink.
- OAT test to test for oxylates; Cod liver oil w/ vitamin A and Vitamin k will help with Oxylates.
- Call United Healthcare and find out what compounding pharmacy they use. He needs emphaterasin for oxylates and yeast; call her when I find out so she can order it
- Managing oxylates: treat yeast with antifungals, probiotics, and diet low in sugar and carbs; delay SCD, which controls yeast but is rich in oxylates) until remainder of this approach has been in place for at least a month; add Vitamin K; optimize A and D intake with cod liver oil; add baking soda.
- 2 amino acid pills twice a day (currently gets 2 a day) (help with brain development, add gut health, immune function)
- 1 lysine a day (calcium absorption; building muscle, production of hormones, enzymes, and antibodies)
- add the rest of the supplements recommended previously, adding only1 per week to ensure that each is helping and no side effects
- Since the B12 nasal spray didn’t work out, get a tablet from Whole Foods that he can hold under his tongue.
- Glutathione IV once a week at Dr. Hulseman’s office (open until 6p) or wait and add some enhansa once we get everything else sorted out. Enhansa will help him make glutathione (to detox heavy metals from his body). Since he has reacted to increasing the enhansa dose, keep it at current level for now. This is another sign that his oxylates are too high.
- Begin Specific Carb diet: no sugars, no rice; SCD helps control yeast
- We need to get him healthier, he has had a lot of sickness in past few months. Take Transfer Factor to help immune system
- Take 2 E 400 a day
- Adrenal fatigue : take Cortrex
- Adenoids: remove them because sleep not good. call primary doctor and refer to ENT
- Did 2 inch iodine strip test on both of us and showed iodine deficiency; Take kelp: 2 tabs twice for me and Hayden both
- Skin is dry: rub coconut oil on legs in evening for dryness; also helps to detox heavy metals
- Per dietician: increase magnesium to 2 doses a day at ½ tsp each. Give calcium with magnesium and C to firm BMs
- Get blood tests two weeks before next appointment in 4 months. Tests for copper, vitamin A, zinc, vitamin D, selenium
- SCD diet for rylie: because of percentile decline. This is an area for concern.
- show pediatrician Rylie’s growth charts. If height is preserved then the problem is nutritional, but thyroid is height and weight decrease in percentile. If thyroid, do thyroid test