Sunday, April 4, 2010

GFCF Muffins and Spaghetti




Hayden wore his really cool new Star Wars shirt for about an hour today before he begged to take it off. No clothes most of the day, as usual.


The recipe for the muffins, cut from the TACA newsletter. Hayden helped by cutting it at the sides a bit.


For GFCF Spaghetti, I made rice noodles and used Newman's Own Garlic Basil sauce. There is probably an ingredient in there he's not allowed to have, since he liked it! ; ) I will have to re-check. The spaghetti was a success, though; he asked for more.

The muffins took a bit longer to make, but it's really a pretty simple recipe. It just took a while to make the flour mixture. I liked the muffin I tried: at first taste it was kinda boring, but it grew on me and by the end I wanted another! (But I'll wait a few days and see if Hayden wants to eat them.) Plus, I put butter on top of the one I ate, and he's not allowed to have that. He didn't want anything to do with it, but he usually eats muffins in the morning.

Just bagged up some GFCF snacks for both schools, too.

2 comments:

Rosie said...

Those muffins look good!

Sheila said...

He was nibbling on one this morning, but didn't eat half. I think the real blueberries are too big. I'll have to see if I can find the tiny ones.