Tuesday, December 28, 2010

12 Days until my baby girl is here!

 
Hayden really enjoyed shouting "Uno Moo!" with his uncles.  We all enjoyed the time with family this past week.  

All night Wednesday and into Thursday morning (the 23rd) I tried to sleep but was having pretty strong contractions.  I got up to time them at 2, but they were irregular, so I tried to sleep for another hour.  By 4 I could tell that they were every 4 or 5 minutes, so I called the OB on call and she said I should go to the hospital.  I felt a little silly, since I had an appointment with my OB in 4 hours at 9:30, but the doctor said it would be better to be at the hospital.  Uncle Jeff was at the house and stayed home with Hayden. 

I'm glad the doctor sent us, because by the time we got there and they got me hooked up to the machines, the contractions were getting stronger. By maybe 8:30 or 9 my pain level was 8 out of 10.  My OB came by on her rounds and said that she just transfered a 36 week baby to another hospital's NICU last week because s/he wasn't breathing well, and so she wanted to see if lots of fluids, pain meds, and rest could calm my contractions.  If not, we'd deliver her, but if we could give her more time that would be optimal.  I woke up at noon and the contractions had stopped.  I was really grateful for the rest since I hadn't slept all night. The nurse said I could stay and sleep some more, but since the contractions were stopped I wanted to just go home and sleep in my own bed.  When we got home Jeff and Hayden were cuddling on the couch and watching a show together.  I took a nap, got up to eat dinner, and went to bed early.  The next day I felt like I'd done hundreds of crunchers, and I've been more tired since, taking big morning naps.  At this point there are only 12 days until my C-section!


Christmas Eve
Grandma and Hayden played tickle until Hayden got overexcited and Mommy made him stop, which started a minor tantrum.  Everyone had a great time Christmas Eve, making cookies, eating some Christmas chili, and exchanging gifts with the Carney family. Sadie and Daisy had fun wrestling.


Bob and Daisy



Grandpa and Hayden (and Daisy)


Christmas Morning
 Santa Came! Hayden didn't want to go downstairs. When we finally convinced him that Santa was gone, and that he just left presents, Hayden crept down the stairs to make sure there were no Santas around.  He did pretty well opening his presents, and patiently waiting for us to cut all the boxes and ties off so he could play with his new toys.  His last present, Soft Luigi, was hiding in the couch.

Hayden eats his Christmas chocolate bar (he even asked permission before he ate it) while seeing what else is in his stocking.

He always wants to wear my robe, and I saw this one at Target. He's been wearing it to bed every night.  He also always wants to buy this Latches board when he sees it at Barnes and Noble, but I thought $25 was a bit much for it.  When I saw it at Toys R Us for $16 I snatched it up.


Hayden and Daddy Christmas morning. 

We had a wonderful holiday and are now patiently awaiting the arrival of Rylie Noelle. : )

No comments: